Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Journey from Childhood to the Stage: How I Found My Voice

It all began when I was 12 years old. My elder sister had always been the star of our family’s little musical moments—her voice carrying melodies that made everyone stop and listen. One day, after watching her sing, something clicked within me. I picked up the courage to hum a few notes myself. I was nervous, unsure if my voice could ever compare to hers, but to my surprise, my family’s response was filled with warmth and praise. It was in that moment that a dream was born. The way their faces lit up, the encouragement they gave me, ignited a spark inside that I didn't even know existed.


AI generated image 

From then on, I found myself drawn to singing, especially the idea of being on stage, holding a mic, and letting my voice flow. There’s something magical about being in that spotlight. I’ve always been a little shy, but when I’m up there, with the world falling quiet just before the first note, it feels like I’m stepping into a part of myself that’s fearless.

Even before I truly found my singing voice, there was a part of me that loved being in front of an audience. As a child, I would recite poems during school assemblies, my tiny heart pounding as I stood in front of my classmates and teachers. I can still vividly remember the time my principal rewarded me with a yellow-colored Barbie doll pen after one of my recitations. It felt like such a special token, a little piece of validation that stayed with me for years. Those moments, small as they seemed back then, planted the first seeds of confidence in me.

But it wasn’t until I turned 15 that my dream of being on stage with a mic in my hand truly solidified. That’s when I discovered BTS. It’s amazing how music can open doors to parts of ourselves we didn’t even know were there. BTS, with their incredible journey and inspiring messages, showed me that anything is possible if you dare to dream. Their music, their passion, their resilience—it all resonated with me deeply. It wasn’t just about listening to their songs; it was about learning from them, about finding the courage to believe in my own dream.

Performing now brings a mixture of excitement and nerves, but it always reminds me of why I started. There are moments when I forget my lines or fear that I’ll mess up, but the joy of singing, of feeling that connection with the audience, makes it all worthwhile. Every performance feels like a small victory, a reminder that I'm living the dream I had at 12 years old, one step at a time.

As I grow and keep performing, I hold onto the lessons I’ve learned along the way. Days like yesterday, where my heart was racing, and yet the music flowed, remind me that it’s okay to stumble. What matters most is that I keep moving forward, keep singing, and keep dreaming. After all, endings are just the beginning of something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lippan Art: A Journey of Tradition, Craftsmanship, and Cultural Legacy

Art, in its most profound form, is not just about color, form, or technique. It is a reflection of culture, history, and the deep-rooted con...